Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Hiatus Lazimatus

My word that was a well deserved break for yours truly. As you can probably imagine I was way too busy to post a single vowel since Thursday - well the opposite is true. I did nothing. like nothing... seriously, for four days I did

NOTHING


And it couldn't have been more blissful. See, the Earlsfield train station was closed the entire weekend from Friday through to Monday so I didn't even leave E-Field, let alone my pajamas. And before you pipe up with 'Replacement Bus' this and that - excuse me, I don't do 'replacement' nothing, public transport is degrading enough and now you expect me to use second rate shit? You gotta another thing coming buddy.

So I had the whole house to myself because The Others took a trip to Cotswold (without me - these are the pleasant souls who 'forget' to invite me to the house braais so I have to get invited by the guests! Ha, classic!). So I was in my element to say the least.

The only time I actually ventured out of The Palace and into E-Field central was to attend the Saturday afternoon 'Lego Lamb' feast hosted magnificently by Edge and Manatee, where we proceeded to play drinking games all afternoon and then ended up at The, you guessed it, Puzzle. Edge was firmly in 'Edge Territory' as the two hours we spent jamming on the dance floor to the house band didn't stick at all in her shaky memory. Rumour has it there was a passionate debate about the 'New Kings of Leon Sound' versus 'The Old Kings of Leon Sound' between the four of us (Bunny included) - I can't even remember which side of the fence I was on...

Oh, I lie - I didn't do absolutely nothing, I started on a new canvas (really big one, 40' x 30'... [Sighs] grow up please guys!). Not sure where I'm going with it but my wall needs some colour so we're just winging it for now. Also spent a nice Monday afternoon in the beer garden at The Leather Bottle, the sun was out and they were cooking up some of the biggest, most awesome burgers this side of... um, Garratt Lane.

Hangover Status: Dissapating...

So that's my whole weekend, literally.

How was yours? Oh wait, I couldn't care less...

Right, let's revert back to how awesome I'm making your life experience right now...


- Tate Modern: Psychedelic -


And as usual I didn't take any photo's of the weekend so I have to dig deep into the archives for something, anything! And this is definitely anything. Phi took this of the back of my head at the Tate Modern. That's me, in the centre. Usually you would have to pay me a lot of money to take a photo of the back of my head, but for you guys, this time it's on me...

I love you all for all the wrong reasons - you make me filthy, but in a beautiful way. See the condundrum you force me into?

A little Wiki never hurt anyone...

Conundrum: a riddle whose answer is or involves a pun or an intricate and difficult problem

Right, now I must leave...



2 comments:

  1. and i can confirm your claim that it IS really you in that pic - not many people are able to identify you from seeing the back of your head only.... but here's the trick: there is this small patch of grey hair centre-left on the back of your cranium (i think mother dropped you as a baby)..... now your secret's out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, indeed - now the world knows... rats...

    ReplyDelete

I'm watching you...