Sunday, 15 March 2009

The Puzzle... Again...

The Manatee sent me a text yesterday...

Manatee: Hey dude, Im back from Bradford... Let's drink!

We rendezvoused at The Puzzle at around lunch time, Edge making a brief yet highly impactful visit (she had a 30th to go to) so basically it was just the men for the afternoon. A few calls were made and soon enough Gym Bunny and The Accountant swung by too, always a nice addition.
 
The Manatee had played a gig in Bradford on Friday night and hadn't had much sleep on the bus back, so his judgement, his motor skills  and his overall handling of gravity in general was already on the sluggish side, never mind how the beer jugs we were consuming at an accelerated rated were affecting him. I don't know whose idea it was to get up and dance on the window ledge, as there wasn't any music playing yet and there was still day light streaming through tall and grimy windows, but we unanimously agreed that it was the best thing to do at the time. I managed to make the climb up without a problem, quite proud of myself as I perused the scurrying mix of Saffas and... other Saffas below me. Behind me however, came the montrous crashing sound of a drunken Manatee, now sprawled on his back on the filthy Puzzle floor. The ascent proved too much for my dear friend and it all started to go pear shaped after that. Today Manatee informed me that he managed to fall down his stairs while trying to climb up them when he got home last night. Stairs, it seems, are Manatee's cryptonite...

Yes, we ate Major's as well on the way home - proof of a good night out.

Hope you are all having a chilled weekend. 

kisses ***

PS: I was emailed this little beauty by one of you stalkers yesterday - classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm watching you...