Monday, 2 March 2009

Chris Cornell tonight!

I was on the train this morning, quite chuffed with myself that on this Monday morning I was actually feeling quite good, not hungover and healthy. The sun was even shining, causing me to squint a little at the new blue sky that covered dear 'o London. It was also a pleasantly strange morning as I had been engaged in a back-and-forth text conversation with an old friend, let's call her The Artist. Anyway, I deleted my Facebook profile about 4 months ago and she had been looking to catch up. Always nice to hear from an old friend.

I was also very happy with the out look of my day - ease back into work, listen to a few tunes, then catch up on the Lost episode I 'plus'ed' last night. Solid evening, very happy.

Then....
BAM!!!

I remember, Sh*t! I'm seeing Chris Cornell live at the Shepherd's Bush Empire tonight! How could I let this epic event in MY LIFE slip in the ol' memory bank? For those of you not in the know, Chris Cornell is the Godfather of grunge, lead vocalist and songwriter of Soundgarden and superband Audioslave... Contemporary of Kurt Cobain, Trent Reznor, Eddie Vedder and Billy Corgan.

I love days like this, much like waking up on a Saturday believing you have to go into work when...
BAM!!!


- Yes, that just happened! -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm watching you...