Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Break Ups & Make Ups...


All these bands of the past getting back together trying to make a quick buck while the goings good (or before the worst of the recession hits). It's actaully kind of sad the way people with such awesome reputations are just throwing it away with lame sell out ventures.

Here a few reunions going around

  • Faith No More - I liked these  punk/funk rock pioneers of the 90's, I really did! You might remember their awesome cover of Lionel Ritchie's 'Easy'. Personal album favourite: 'Album of the Year'. Headlining Download Festival this year.
  • Stone Temple Pilots - These guys were alright, but this is blatant cashing in hullabulloo...
  • Smashing Pumpkins - Ok, they came back 2 years ago but there discography could definetely do without 'Zietgiest'. Zip it please Mr Corgan!
  • Rage Against The Machine - I heard their live act at Reading last year was epic, no doubt! But once the festival season finished Zack just ran off to form One Day As A Lion (which I prefer to anything he's ever done) and Tom Morello doing his solo stuff. Which leaves the RATM rythmn section twiddling their thumbs no? Shame...
  • AC/DC - Although never calling it quits, 8 years since their last show constitutes retirement in my eyes...
  • Portishead - OK, I must admit I cried with glee when I had my Hammersmith tickets in my hand for the show last year. 11 years since their last show in London will make things quite special. Although [P] has always been an odd lot...
  • Blur - who gives a toss about these guys except the pohms?
  • Iggy Pop - although not reforming, what's with the car insurance campaign Iggy??
Now, BANDS THAT SHOULD BREAK UP AND SAVE US ALL THE PAIN! 



The Caption Possibilities in this pic are endless - who ever comes up with the best one gets their own personally signed and posted photograph of Yours Truly, anywhere in the world! (I can't promise Ill be wearing anything). 


And, Bands that are breaking up but shouldn't

Let's hear your additions to these lists, and your picture comment! That's right, I can hear the wheels turning in your brain right now...

I'm jumping in the bath now... That requires me to be naked... Oh you naughty things!

***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm watching you...