Tuesday, 3 February 2009

One Night Stand...


Its over…

All the excitement, “another day of work in my jammies?” All the hype… gone. Mother Nature comes round to induce massive amounts of excitement and how does she leave us? Wet and unsatisfied that’s how.

Mother Nature you little hussy, you never call anymore. We could have had something beautiful, something meaningful and it would have lasted forever… I could have worked from home the rest of my days, house bound with you lapping at my window sill. We would order in every night, hot chocolate and marshmallows, semi erotic slow motion pillow fights, holding each other close in lingering silences… You left so suddenly, without even a good bye, a soft kiss on my dreaming head, no rose left on the pillow…

I feel used…

I was on the phone telling everyone back home about what they were missing, the snow ball fights, the broken transport system, building my first snowman, no bus service, sleeping in soundly wearing adult sized fleece baby-grows... But now all that beautiful white powder has gone and melted away like the cold tears rolling down my cheeks. All the transport links are back up, London life goes on as normal, I actually got into the office exactly on time this morning... What's with that?!

Mother Nature, I’ve started to resent you again. Your cold gray sky, your lingering misty rain, your cutting icy breeze, what a roller coaster of an emotional journey it's been. We had something good going, now it’s gone.

I'll scorn the sky every chance I get from now on. One night of passion... How stupid I have been...


1 comment:

  1. the nice thing about ONS's - she actually leaves by her own volition....no strings... hehehee

    four of us later three bottles in - the folks and us.. father thinks you're a gineesass. - i sent him a link, and he actually worked it out by himself.
    love the daylies... keep em cummin'

    ReplyDelete

I'm watching you...