Monday, 16 February 2009

Been So Long...

I'm sorry I haven't had a new post for your grubby little minds for ages - I think since Saturday!

The Manatee and Edge got back from Cape Town last night, a 2 week holiday of bliss I'm told. The Manatee and I had lunch today at the John Snow pub in Soho. We couldn't really come to a conclusion as to where to go until The Manatee came across a site bearing these interesting facts:


SOHO HISTORY

Initially Soho was a fashionable residential area, populated by the wealthy and the famous, such as politicians, churchmen, Dukes and Duchesses. Other residence through the history of Soho included, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Karl Marx, Cassinova, John Constable, and William Blake

In 1854, a major outbreak of Cholera occurred. A local doctor, John Snow, determined that the disease was being spread through the water. He had the local water pump in Broadwick Street locked up and the disease dissipated. His name lives on as a pub was named after him (apparently those who drank beer rather than water all survived!)

So, we really didn't have a choice after reading this and decided to dedicated our Pasta Bolognaise (me) and Chili Lamb and rice (Manatee) to ol' John...

I'm having dinner with them tonight, should be good...

I promise to have a nice post for you tomorrow, I've come down with a bit of the flu and I haven't really been my usual awesome self... This is obviously temporary...

Obviously...

Here's a little something to remind us of the pitfalls of regular drug use...




kisses****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm watching you...