Friday, 27 February 2009

Amazing...

That I made it into work on time...

First of all I was stunned this morning that the alarm on my Sh*tberry actually coaxed me from my slumber, never mind the fact that I actually didn't manage to lose my phone last night... (On a side note, my wrist is aching for reasons I have yet to remember). Reading my fabulous, and splintered post I wrote last night at 3am, I don't think you actually know anything that actually went down last night... So let me bring you up to speed.

Edge (not from U2, he is a cock - she is a SHE) and Manatee, two of my most favourite of people in the world (who are dating, what a Power Couple) invited me to go and watch (stay with me here) Edge's sisters boyfriend's band - Cartel, who rock by the way - in Lewisham. Yes, that's deep in East London territory and chav-central. We held our own never the less. After a flippin long day and an even longer week I decided that getting hammered was the best thing I could do for myself.

Some where through the night Manatee comes up to me at the bar, ominously holding a lighter...

Me: What's that for? You don't smoke, none of us do...
Mnt: What do you think?
Me: Don't toy with me ass...
Mnt (to the bar lady): 2 blue sambucas, stat!
Me: I'm sorry, you must be mistaking me for a high school hero, I'm sure as hell not drinking that shit!
Mnt: That's what the lighter's for, now suit up and shut up!
Me: You are not lighting my f*ckin shot Manatee!
Manatee with an evil glint in his eye
Me: Dude, there's no way. I can't handle that childishness anymore, I'm a grown man with res...
Manatee lights the shots - I haven't had a flaming sambuca in 10 years!

From then on everything is a blur. I remember kicking the handdryer thingy in the Men's (I now have a bloodied toe) for not working efficiently (I'm demanding like that), my wrist is almost broken and I don't know why, I remember telling the lady drummer that her band rocked (it didn't, I lied) and telling Manatee that I loved him about 30 times. I had a lot of love to give last night - where were you guys?

And instead of going to straight to sleep I paint for 3 hours and posted some diabolical rant about nothing. But in the end I know you guys love me for who I am, not what I was, or who I could be... There's no pressure in our relationship and that's why when we make love the robins sing sweet melodies to the moon...

More to come - ignore the last post, I was drunk.

Under a gray sky and happy I'm still alive - barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm watching you...